Re: Error Message on Solaris 2.6

Kuan Ju Liu (kjl@leland.Stanford.EDU)
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:38:38 -0800 (PST)

        First, being new to this list, should I send such responses to the
entire list or to the original poster?

        Secondly, you're suggestion was right on. My bleary eyes failed to
see what was going on. Forgive me for my ignorance: I still can't get it
to work. I've added -lm following -Wall in configure, which adds the flag
to every Makefile. Nevertheless, I get many error messages of the form:

        gcc: -lm: linker input file unused since linking not done

in addition to what Mr. Collin pointed out (for example):

        pow
        ../../asimagelib/libasimage.a(loadimg.o)
        ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to Pager
        make[1]: *** [Pager] Error 1

What am I doing wrong?

        Thanks.

                                                        Kuan Ju