Re: Error Message on Solaris 2.6

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:02:32 +0100

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 02:23:56AM -0800, Kuan Ju Liu wrote:
> Thank you. I think I figured it out. The -lm has to go with the -X_LIBS
> flag.
>
>         AfterStep looks great! Now if only I could get libjpeg working. I
> d/l'd the source and compiled it, and compiled AS without a hitch, but
> when I ran it, it gave me:
>
> ld.so.1: ./afterstep: fatal: libjpeg.so.62: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> Killed
>
> What am I doing wrong?

The library is not in your path. You have to set the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH before you run afterstep. For me it
is, for example, done in my .xsession:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/albert/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

where /home/albert/local/lib contains all the
locally installed libraries. You might need
to add /usr/local/lib or some such to it.

--
Albert Dorofeev (Tigr) - albert at tigr.net - http://www.tigr.net/
PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15