continued bgr_mode problems

Doug Alcorn (doug@lathi.net)
18 Feb 2000 09:44:49 -0500

OK, I am using the HCL exceed PC X server.  I am experiencing _no
known_ bgr_mode problems.  At my previous client's site, they still
use Reflection's X.  I told them about the fixed bgr_mode stuff in
1.8.0 and they happily upgraded.  Their results are not as good as
mine.  asetroot seems to work fine.  The colors are right there.
Aterm also works fine if no tinting is used.  However, the tinting
colors don't seem to work right.  Here are his comments:

dnewport@kroger.com writes:

> Transparent aterm's still seem to have a problem displaying the
> -tint color specified in the wharf file.
>
> A color that displays as green on the server shows as red on the
> client.

I asked for the output of xdpyinfo because I didn't know what other
information would be usefull in debugging.  Here's that output:

name of display:    godhcp2-51.kroger.com:0.0
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    WRQ, Inc.
vendor release number:    7
maximum request size:  4194300 bytes
motion buffer size:  0
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    8, MSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    MSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    2
supported pixmap formats:
    depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
    depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 9, maximum 254
focus:  window 0x4000002, revert to Parent
number of extensions:    14
    BIG-REQUESTS
    DEC-XTRAP
    GLX
    LBX
    MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
    Multi-Buffering
    SECURITY
    SGI-GLX
    SHAPE
    SYNC
    WRQ-ADMIN
    WRQ_XPrint
    XIE
    XTEST
default screen number:    0
number of screens:    1

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1016x741 pixels (267x195 millimeters)
  resolution:    97x97 dots per inch
  depths (2):    1, 24
  root window id:    0x26
  depth of root window:    24 planes
  number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
  default colormap:    0x22
  default number of colormap cells:    256
  preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 16777215
  largest cursor:    32x32
  current input event mask:    0x50003d
    KeyPressMask             ButtonPressMask          ButtonReleaseMask
    EnterWindowMask          LeaveWindowMask          SubstructureRedirectMask
    PropertyChangeMask
  number of visuals:    2
  default visual id:  0x20
  visual:
    visual id:    0x20
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x21