Re: configuring icon box

Maxim A. Kirillov (M.Kirillov@catalysis.nsk.su)
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:34:58 +0600 (NSK)

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Armando L. Caro Jr. wrote:

> What do you mean "just to the place where we are"?

I've said 'like in twm'. I don'n want the icon to be placed in a common
place, but in a place which depends on the window position (say, where
the 'Minimize' button is - no need to move a mouse).

> The location of
> your icon box (where icons are placed) is dictated by your look file. So
> you you don't like where your look places it, you can copy it to your
> ~/G/L/A/looks/ directory and modify it. In the file there will be 4
> coordinates for your icon box. I hope this helps. (I didn't want to be too
> detailed, because i didn't know how much you know... so if u need more
> info, let me know)

Well, I ask to forgive me I had not read the man before asking. I really
see, that I can specify placement for my icons. I can even specify 'up to
four icon boxes' (how does it choose which to use?). But it does not seem
like what I need.

> On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Maxim A. Kirillov wrote:
> > I have a question abuot AfterStep. Can I configure it to place icons not
> > to the corner of the screen, but just to the place where we are (like twm
> > does)? If yes which version should I use?

Thanks for your attention.
Max.