Re: [Re: aterm compilation]

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:53:30 +0100

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 01:27:08AM +0900, G L wrote:
> Albert:
>
> Thanks. Indeed I do use bash, but the problem is still there....
>
> best regard
>
> -gahn
>
> > > checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
> > > checking for libXpm... ./configure: test: argument expected

Ok, than usually it's a matter of some "test" statements going
wrong. For example, looking through the configure script
after the line that prints the "checking for libXpm..." message
I see:

if test -z $vt_xpm_libraries; then

around line 2671. This should be written

if test -z "$vt_xpm_libraries"; then

because if the variable is indeed empty the statement
becomes "test -z ;" - the argument to test is, indeed,
not present.

You have to go through the file and check those "test"
statements. This should help.

HTH
Albert

P.S. And then send the diff file of the configure script
to Sasha so that he can put it into the new release
of aterm.

--
Albert Dorofeev (Tigr) - albert at tigr.net - http://www.tigr.net/
PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15