Re: upgrade

Michael Vieths (foeclan@winternet.com)
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 21:37:23 -0600 (CST)

If you didn't uninstall the old version first, you should have a directory
defaulting to /usr/local/share/afterstep_old that will have all of your
old files and directories.  You may want to just copy your autoexec,
pager, wharf, look, and feel configurations from there.  You may also try
manually starting it (start menu, modules, pager) and seeing if it
appears.  Does it get swallowed into your wharf?

As for changing the background, I noticed when going to 1.8 that, when I
select a theme, I need to go into start menu/desktop/update all in order
to get it to update the wallpaper.  You might want to try that.
Otherwise, copy the image into /usr/local/share/afterstep/backgrounds,
update startmenu, then do start menu/desktop/pictures/<whatever>.xpm.  It
should update the image without doing update all.

There's a ChangeLog on www.afterstep.org in the Download section.  It
should have a rundown of things that've changed, including new features,
though you may need to dig a bit.

Michael Vieths
Foeclan@Winternet.Com