Re: hyperlinks in aterm?

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:17:38 +0100

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 01:07:45AM +0200, Mikko H?nninen wrote:
> David Mihm <dmihm@rchitecture.com> wrote on Wed, 15 Mar 2000:
> > -> Is there any work to get hyperlinks working in aterm?
> >
> > 	Gawd, lets hope not!
>
> Actually, this is one feature where the initial reaction is "what could
> be a more frilly and useless feature than that?" and then when you have
> it, you actually discover it's quite practical and saves time.  I don't
> use gnome-terminal & relatives myself, so I don't know from personal
> experience though.  And of course, user experiences will vary with the
> users.

/me nods.
Aha, and after a couple of weeks you discover that it annoys
you more than it helps. I was thrilled when I found out that
you can simply click on URLs in tkirc instead of cut-n-paste.
But you know what? Sometimes you want to cut-n-paste, you
do not want the url to be fol;lowed, you want to save it in a file.
Trust me, after a couple of weeks you will want to disable
the bloody feature unless browsing the Web is all you do.

--
Albert Dorofeev (Tigr) - albert at tigr.net - http://www.tigr.net/
PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15