My computer locks up when I try to resize windows under a downloaded

charlie schmidt (ishamael@themes.org)
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 18:51:04 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 22:53:09 -0600
From: DANIEL MADDUX <dPaladin@swbell.net>
To: as@themes.org
Subject: My computer locks up when I try to resize windows under a
    downloaded Theme

    I am running Red Hat 6.0 with AfterStep-1.80 (I installed the RPM
version; when I tried compiling the *.tar.gz version, X Windows kept
giving me an error about not finding the "/usr/X11R6/bin/afterstep" or
"/usr/share/afterstep" directory.  Even after I linked
"/usr/local/afterstep" to these directories.).  I downloaded some themes
from http://as.themes.org, among them "the.new.matrix", "purpleish",
"BirthOfVenus", and "Hubble".  I followed the instructions and unpacked
them in my "/home/*/GNUstep/ Library/AfterStep/desktop/themes"
directory.

    The themes work fine until I try to resize a window.  When I set the
cursor on the bottom-right hand corner of the window, the cursor becomes
a 4-way arrow and my system completely locks up.  "CTRL-ALT-DELETE" does
nothing, nor does "ESCAPE", "CTRL-ALT-BREAK", or any other key
combination.  I have to hit the RESET button on my computer and reboot
the system.  This happens with XTerm Windows, the GIMP, SCEDA, etc.,
every application window that I have tried to resize.  This behavior
occurs with all of the themes I mentioned above.  Furthermore, this
behavior occurs on 2 different systems: 1 is my dual-PPro system, the
other an AMD K6-III system.

    I have not seen anything in the FAQ or the websites
http://www.afterstep.org or http://as.themes.org about this problem.  I
would appreciate some help with this problem.  Thanks.

Daniel