RE: Wharf Buttons

pal-asmund.roste@telenor.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:57:43 +0200

First of all, you have to turn off your CAPS-LOCK ;)

Then to the point:
If i am not wrong(sombody correct me if I am) you open up your wharf file
(found in ~/GNUstep/library/AfterStep/) in your favorite editor (vi
anyone??)
and add them there. If you look at that file, you will see examples of how
the buttons and apps (like the asclock) is added.

You could also see this page http://www.afterstep.org/man/stable/Wharf.html
or just type "man Wharf" (remember the big W in Wharf.

I might have been a bit vauge here but if you want more spesific answers
just send a mail with a more spesific description of what you want to do.
 Ex :    1) I want to add a button that shall launch vi (my favorite
editor).
         2) I want to add a folder that can hold launch buttons for all my
graphical
         	tools (there actually is such a folder in the wharf file,
you just have to
            remove the # in front of it, if I am not wrong.)

I just had to add the code for examle 1.
Add the following line in the wharf file, just abowe the # Pagers (just an
examle)):
*Wharf vi /usr/share/icons/large/dvi.xpm Exec "vi" xterm -e vi &

I asume in this example that you have the xpm icon called dvi.xpm in the
folder
/usr/share/icons/large/ , and that you don't have any better terms than
xterm (ex. aterm *hint hint*).

If this was confusing, keep trying to mail the list, and I might adapt,
or others that are better at explaining might put in a word or two.

Greetings from Norway

Pål Asmund Røste

--------
"AFAIK, I'm a BOFH for continually bashing you with a clue-by-four.
OTOH, if you would just RTFM every once in a while, my life would suck
*much* less."
---------