Re: Placement of windows

Andrew Ferguson Andrew_Ferguson@walnut.prs.k12.nj.us
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:25:27 -0400

kjliu@math.stanford.edu writes:
>I'm on a Sun Ultra 5. I'm having trouble making Netscape 4.7 and xmms
>start in the same spot everytime. I've got 'database' to start them on the
>specific desktops, but position is unpredictable.  Tried turning off
>random and smart placement, and the -geometry option (for Netscape), but
>to no avail.

Netscape has had many known problems with it over the years, this is
probably one of them, but I'm not sure. Xmms controls where it is started
at launch, not AfterStep. If you look in your xmms preferences, you will
see that it allows you to save its geometry when it is closed and reopen
there when you start it next. HTH.