Re: Afterstep not working with Gnome

dschaible@obiwan.balmar.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:58:34 -0400

What I do may not be the best advice, but it works fine for me:
Usually, I just run gmc when I need it, no .gnome-session or anything
else.  I found gnome to be evil as well, even in the so called 100% gnome
compliant WM's.

Sometimes I'll actually start the Gnome module in AS via the modules menue
or by typing Gnome & on a terminal and switch to the gnome feel for the
menues, but not often.  I will say that AS seems to run Gnome really well
with the module, I just don't like the ugly gnome menue, maybe some day
I'll learn how to make it look better.

Only downside I've seen to not starting Gnome first is that the last Desktop
Icon I clicked will stay highlited.  Oh well, gmc still works fine for me.

If operating like this can cause any serious side effects, I'd like to
know, but I've doin it for quite a while on many systems and haven't had
any noticable problems.

- Derek