Re: Title bars on focussed windows

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Tue, 9 May 2000 10:26:31 +0200

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 08:03:42AM +0100, James wrote:
> On 9 May 2000, Christian B. Wiik wrote:
>
> # I guess you have encountered the focus "bug" that happens if you set
> # the system time while in X. AS stops focusing correctly and requires a
> # restart. I've been told that this is a X issue, not AS.
> #
> # You should upgrade to 1.8.1 too, but I don't know if it will help...
>
> I'm using 1.8.1 and it happened to me last night. I could focus between
> Netscape and an Aterm, but the aterm wasn't recognising the focus - its
> cursor stayed as a hollow block and what i typed just disappeared.

Interesting. It happened to me yesterday night too. The focus
would change from window to window without any problems and
everything worked fine except that the window decorations
would not change from "unfocused" to "focused". They only became
"focused" when I changed desks or viewports for a short moment
before the desktop actually changed.

> Restarting Aterm didn't do anything, but restarting X did.
>
> And i've not touched my system clock.

I confirm that.

--
Albert Dorofeev (Tigr) - albert at tigr.net - http://www.tigr.net/
PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15