Undefined symbol pow (was:Re: OFFTOPIC Re: mailing list questions)

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Tue, 16 May 2000 09:13:31 -0500

>Guys, I'm having a problem and hopefully you can help me out.  I'm attempting
>install AfterStep 1.8.0 on an Ultra 10 running Solaris 7.  When I run a "make",
>it eventually ends with the following error messages (which now appear every
>time I run make):

What you are missing here is the libm - library of general math functions.
This is rather standard library and I'm not sure why you have it unavailable.

Anyway - install this lib, and then rerun configure and stuff.

>(root@osiris) make
>Undefined                       first referenced
> symbol                             in file
>pow                                 ../../asimagelib/libasimage.a(loadimg.o)
>ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to afterstep

>Thanks,
>Rich

Cheers
Sasha