Re: Solaris problems?

Patrick Tully (pat@liquidwire.net)
Fri, 19 May 2000 11:52:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi I just installed and ran afterstep (v1.8.0) on Solaris.  Set it up and it seemed to run fine at first.
So created the themes directory as in the directions, and downloaded several themes into the directory.  Restarted the start menu (and all), and it seemed to start doing something, but then the screen would get totaly screwed up (buttons and windows became all white, and the background was realy messed up).  Now it didn't look anything like the theme.  Also, I tried just chaning the default background to one of the ones in the default menu, and the same thing happened.  Now I have an ultra 60 with a 3d creator card, so I should be able to handle 24bit, but am i missing something, maybe a libray or something?  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks!