Re: AScd

Albert Dorofeev (albert@tigr.net)
Fri, 26 May 2000 10:28:22 +0200

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 02:16:43PM -0700, Kevan Riley wrote:

>   I am not sure about this, but I am betting that ascd
> is just a front-end to another CD player.  I did a
> quick search for workman look at freshmeat.net, and
> there is a workman aplication, I would start there.
> Get it install it, and see if ascd will make after
> that.

Well, Workman is the application while libWorkman
is a library. Obviously, written by the same people.
ascd uses libWorkman for the access to the CD controlling
functions but you do not need the Workman CD player
for that.

The library libWorkman is included in the ascd tar
file that you can find on tigr.net but it is
not installed automatically (AFAIR). When you download
ascd from other sites you might have a tarfile
that does not contain the libWorkman at all so you
have to get that separately.

Check Denis' ascd home page for the details:
http://worldserver.oleane.com/rsn/ascd-en.html

Cheers!
Tigr

--
Albert Dorofeev (Tigr) - albert at tigr.net - http://www.tigr.net/
PGP fingerprint = C9 49 D0 F3 41 FA 8C D8  E9 5C 6A D4 F1 6D 65 15