Re: Poll on as.themes.org

charlie schmidt (ishamael@themes.org)
Mon, 29 May 2000 14:52:42 -0400 (EDT)

no, mihm is right, the poll system is defunct (as exampled
by his last mail, which at this point in time has still not
been sent to the list)

i see whats wrong, and ill talk to technoir and get him to fix it.
once its fixed and running fine, ill start the poll over and
we can do this right.

apologies to all for the large inconvienence

On Mon, 29 May 2000 kchoney@epix.net wrote:

>Actually it appears that the polling mechanism is quite good. If you try
>to vote more than once it simply ignores all but the first vote. I believe
>that the mechanics built a pretty good php script IMHO. If you really do
>want to vote many times try going at it from another IP. Look at the total
>votes. Prior to my voting it was 73 after I voted five times (to check if
>you were correct) it said 74. I then wnodered thruogh my cookie file
>wondering if that was their stop gap. Nope, not there. So it must be an IP
>gate. You must have been voting at the same time someone else was.
>

>/* How is my Programming?*/
>/*  Call 1-800-DEV-NULL	 */
>/*			 */
>/*  kchoney @ epix.net	 */

-
charlie schmidt         ishamael@themes.org
http://as.themes.org	http://afterstep.davidv.net
"You are not your f***ing kahkis" - Tyler Durden