[info@slackware.com: Re: [ishamael@themes.org: AfterStep package]]

Bryan Strawser (feanor@gondolin.org)
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 10:09:50 -0400

Response I received from the Slackware Developers..

Bryan

----- Forwarded message from Slackware Information <info@slackware.com> -----

From: Slackware Information <info@slackware.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 23:21:36 -0700 (PDT)
To: Bryan Strawser <feanor@gondolin.org>
Subject: Re: [ishamael@themes.org: AfterStep package]

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Bryan Strawser wrote:

> Are there any plans to create an updated AfterStep package?,
> as the window manager is at version 1.8.1 now  If not, would
> the developers accept a package created by the AfterStep
> community?

There haven't been such plans, but we will take a look at it, as it's now
being requested... We packed up Afterstep 1.0 and included it because it was
the last version we really liked, and no-one had said anything one way or
another.  (Of course, that was at least a year ago..)

> I must also note that, while it is not incredibly important
> wherethe package is placed, that some window managers are
> placed in gtk1/, others in x1/ and still others in
> contrib/ ?  Is there a reason behind this, or has it just
> been an oversight?  It makes more sense, to me at least, to
> put them all in x1/, or perhaps xap1/.

For the most part, window managers are placed where their supporting libraries
and programs also belong.  Unless we change the organization of our whole tree,
that's not likely to change.

   Slackware Linux Project | info@slackware.com

----- End forwarded message -----

--