Re: [info@slackware.com: Re: [ishamael@themes.org: AfterStep package]]

Michal Vitecek (M.Vitecek@sh.cvut.cz)
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:12:39 +0200

 some months ago i contacted directly p. volkerding and afterstep's
 maintainer david@slackware.com (sorry, can't remember his name). he told
 me that he preferred AS 1.0 and as such he wasn't going to add the newer
 version of AS to the upcoming slackware version though i was counting the
 pluses of the new AS :/

Bryan Strawser <feanor@gondolin.org> wrote:
>Response I received from the Slackware Developers..
>
>Bryan
>
>----- Forwarded message from Slackware Information <info@slackware.com> -----
>
>From: Slackware Information <info@slackware.com>
>Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 23:21:36 -0700 (PDT)
>To: Bryan Strawser <feanor@gondolin.org>
>Subject: Re: [ishamael@themes.org: AfterStep package]
>
>On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Bryan Strawser wrote:
>
>> Are there any plans to create an updated AfterStep package?,
>> as the window manager is at version 1.8.1 now  If not, would
>> the developers accept a package created by the AfterStep
>> community?
>
>There haven't been such plans, but we will take a look at it, as it's now
>being requested... We packed up Afterstep 1.0 and included it because it was
>the last version we really liked, and no-one had said anything one way or
>another.  (Of course, that was at least a year ago..)
>
>> I must also note that, while it is not incredibly important
>> wherethe package is placed, that some window managers are
>> placed in gtk1/, others in x1/ and still others in
>> contrib/ ?  Is there a reason behind this, or has it just
>> been an oversight?  It makes more sense, to me at least, to
>> put them all in x1/, or perhaps xap1/.
>
>For the most part, window managers are placed where their supporting libraries
>and programs also belong.  Unless we change the organization of our whole tree,
>that's not likely to change.
>

>   Slackware Linux Project | info@slackware.com
>
>----- End forwarded message -----
>
>--
>- Bryan Strawser, feanor@gondolin.org

			fuf

 BillGates [bgates@www.microsoft.com] has joined #LINUX
 mode/#linux [+b BillGates!*@*] by DoDad
 BillGates was kicked off #linux by DoDad (banned: We see enough of Bill
          Gates already.)