Desktop selection

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:45:47 -0500

>Is there a way of opening an app on a specific desktop from either the
>command line or a script.
>
>Seting StartsOnDesk # in the database works for all instances of the
>app, but how to do a one-time open app on desk # x.

Well basically all you have to do is change desk, and then start an app.
You can create a Function in your Feel file to do just that :

Function "Start_My_App_on_desk"
     ChangeDesk  0 <desired desk number>
     Exec "app"  <your app command line> &
EndFunction

Then you can either bind it to  key or mouse event like so :

Key F1   A     M    Function "Start_My_App_on_desk"

will execute the function on Meta+F1.

You can also use it in the menu. With development version of AfterStep you
should also be able to execute it from the Wharf.

>Thanks.
>
>Chris Dunn
>date : 20-Jun-00,      time : 06:54:21

Cheers