Re: Desktop selection

kchoney@epix.net
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:25:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Chris Dunn wrote:

> Is there a way of opening an app on a specific desktop from either the
> command line or a script.
>
> Seting StartsOnDesk # in the database works for all instances of the
> app, but how to do a one-time open app on desk # x.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Chris Dunn
> date : 20-Jun-00,      time : 06:54:21

Well, you could in a hachish sort of way. If the app allows you to give it
a title (aterm), you could put in your database a entry like this:

Style	"Appondeskzero"		StartsOnDesk 0
Style	"Appondeskone"		StartsOnDesk 1
Style	"Appondesktwo"		StartsOnDesk 2
Style	"Appondeskthree"	StartsOnDesk 3

Then every time you wanted the app on a desktop you would have to give it
a name. Of course there is probably a better way but I don't know it.

/* How is my Programming? */
/*  Call 1-800-DEV-NULL	  */
/*			  */
/*   kchoney @ epix.net	  */