Re: Theme? Startmenu?

charlie schmidt (ishamael@themes.org)
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 18:23:44 -0400 (EDT)

-
create the Theme/ directory in your start/ directory in your
afterstep configuration directory (that is, either
~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/start/Theme/ or
/usr/local/share/afterstep/start/Theme/)

make a .include file with the following contents in that directory:

keepname
include "~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/themes/" Exec installastheme.pl
include "/usr/local/share/afterstep/themes/" Exec installastheme.pl
extension .tar.gz

update your startmenu, and you should be good to go.

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, DRX wrote:

>     I would like to use a theme with AfterStep 1.8.  I have downloaded
>it from as.themes and placed it in ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/themes,
>gunzipped and untarred it.  After this I have updated the startmenu
>(several times) and also tried the "update all" option.  I have also
>exited the AfterStep session alltogether and started it again.
>
>     No matter what I do there is no "Themes" option in the "Desktop"
>menu, and no way to select the theme.  Is it possible to use the old
>"installastheme.pl" application somehow, and in that case how?  All I
>get when I try to use it is the information that usage is
>"./installastheme.pl [--theme[ <theme name>," or something very similar
>(the right square bracket seems to have died, sorry).
>
>                                     Thank you.  DRX
>
>PS.  Oh, by the way, is there some way to get AfterStep to remember
>that I prefer the left-handed mouse configuration?

-
charlie schmidt	- ishamael@themes.org
Senior Editor & AfterStep Themes - http://themes.org
AfterStep FAQ - http://afterstep.davidv.net
"You are not your f***ing kahkis" - Tyler Durden