Re: AfterStep in distributions

Gregory T. Norris (adric@debian.org)
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 21:24:53 -0500

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

> As one might gather from these results, Slackware, Suse, and Debian
> are the most mainstream of the distributions not shipping with a
> stable version, and are, so to speak, most at fault.  Especially
> Debian, with its so called up to date package system.

Debian has a couple of bug reports open, asking for a newer version to
be packaged - you can view them at <http://bugs.debian.org/afterstep>.=20
So far I don't think any of them have followups from the maintainer,
tho.  In fact, I don't see any recent activity at all on the BTS.  I
think there was something on one of the mailing lists recently... I'll
see if I can dig it up.

Here it is (not quite as recent as I thought):

   http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-0003/msg00237.html
   http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-0003/msg00247.html
   http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-devel-0003/msg00248.html

Personally, I'd love to see 1.8.x packaged.  I'll see if I can get in
touch with the maintainer... if he's still around he might be willing
to accept a NMU (non-maintainer upload).  If he's dropped off the face
of the earth, of course we'll want to get someone else.

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf--