Re: Theme? Startmenu?

Oliver L. Plaine Jr. (ollyplaine@worldnet.att.net)
Sat, 01 Jul 2000 13:56:44 -0500

On Sat, 1 Jul 2000 10:30:50 +0200, DRX wrote:

>I haven't removed the tarred version.  It is still there,
>tarred, in the same directory as the untarred.  If AfterStep needs to
>have a tarred version to be able to use a theme, wouldn't it have
>used the tarred version?
>                                        DRX
============================
Sat, 1 Jul 2000  13:43:48

What you say here is true DRX,  I did this in both 1.7.111 and ver
1.8.....
	If as you say they are appearing on the menu after running
update..then I would think they are being picked up and read....

	I am assuming that when you select the menu item for the new
theme nothing is happening?

	Try then to do an ctrl-alt-F1 and see if there is a error
message on the console....than do a ctrl-alt-F7 to go back to
afterstep....if some error was written to the console post it here so
I can meditate on it...then we will try to find someone who knows what
they are doing to tell us what is wrong <grin>

Later
Olly P
Biloxi Mississippi