Re: aterm compilation

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:22:18 -0500

>I'm trying to compile aterm 4-0 to can use jpeg images in the
>background. And i cant do it. I lately compiled and installed Afterstep
>1.8.0. Though i'm not root, so had to choose other instalation
>directory. I compiled it with option --disable-staticlibs and i have jpeg
>and png libraries. I've set LD_LIBRARY_PATH And my new AfterStep works
>well. but when i compile aterm i get: checking for AfterStep
>libraries... (cached) no - but i have this libraries... I mean
>libWidgets.so.1.5  libafterstep.so.1.5 libasConfig.so.1.0
>libasimage.so.1.9.
>My compilation options are:
>$ configure --prefix=/tmp/prog --enable-fading --enable-background-image
>--enable-graphics --enable-half-shadow --disable-backspace-key
>--disable-delete-key --disable-mousewheel --enable-dlmalloc
>--with-jpeg-includes=/usr/include --with-jpeg-library=/usr/lib
>--with-png-includes=/usr/include --with-png-library=/usr/lib
>What should i do?

Problem is that linker does not always finds libraries installed in
locations other then /usr/lib and /lib, even if location is in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I'm not sure why, as per all the documentation -
it should. The workaround is to exclusively specify location via LDFLAGS

For example you can do :

export LDFLAGS="-L /usr/local/lib"

PRIOR to running ./configure.

>                                                   Krzysiek