Re: Still no theme

Andrew Ferguson (andrew@owsla.cjb.net)
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 12:09:23 -0400

On Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:07:11 as-users@afterstep.org wrote:
> I have created the suggested directories in both
> ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/start/ and
> usr/X11R6/share/afterstep/start/.  I have both an untarred and a tarred
> version in both directories, as well as in both
> ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/themes/ and in
> usr/X11R6/share/afterstep/themes, just to be on the safe side.  I have
> changed the .include file according to specifications.

Good, the only problem is you untarred them. AS Themes are automagically
untared and ungziped on the fly, leave them in the .tar.gz version that
comes off as.themes.org

> In the primary menu of AfterStep the name of the theme now appears
> twice, once as an item with submenues, located between the
> Screen_savers and the Windows items, and once at the end of the menu,
> with the .tar suffix and no submenues.

Right, this is what happens when you untar it, AS thinks it is a submenu,
not a theme. The .tar one is also unrecognized, AS themes are .tar.gz

So gzip the .tar one and remove the untarred one and it should work.

Note how it says "extension .tar.gz" in the below directions:

> >> create the Theme/ directory in your start/ directory in your
> >> afterstep configuration directory (that is, either
> >> ~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/start/Theme/ or
> >> /usr/local/share/afterstep/start/Theme/)
> >>
> >> make a .include file with the following contents in that directory:
> >>
> >> keepname
> >> include "~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/themes/" Exec installastheme.pl
> >> include "/usr/local/share/afterstep/themes/" Exec installastheme.pl
> >> extension .tar.gz  <----------- NOTE THIS
> >>

> >> update your startmenu, and you should be good to go.

good luck.