Re: Upgrade 1.7.142 to 1.8 ?

Iwant Afterstep (iwantafterstep@hotmail.com)
Sun, 09 Jul 2000 12:06:42 CEST

On Sat, 8 Jul 2000,  David Mihm wrote:

>	Remove the old version.  I'm betting it was done initially with
>rpm, so use -e to remove it; check the rpm man page for details.

     Thank you for your help.  AfterStep 1.7.142 was installed along with
everything else from the install CD.  I used rpm -e, and it seemed to
uninstall everything OK, but then at the end it said "cannot remove
/usr/X11R6/share/afterstep/start and /usr/X11R6/share/afterstep: directory
not empty".  When I typed startx I got an error message saying "~/.xinitrc:
exec: afterstep: not found".  Now I have no AfterStep at all.
                                              Iwant AfterStep