Re: Upgrade 1.7.142 to 1.8 ?

kchoney@epix.net
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 08:59:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Iwant Afterstep wrote:

>      Thank you for your help.  AfterStep 1.7.142 was installed along with
> everything else from the install CD.  I used rpm -e, and it seemed to
> uninstall everything OK, but then at the end it said "cannot remove
> /usr/X11R6/share/afterstep/start and /usr/X11R6/share/afterstep: directory
> not empty".  When I typed startx I got an error message saying "~/.xinitrc:
> exec: afterstep: not found".  Now I have no AfterStep at all.
>                                               Iwant AfterStep

Thats because AS is installed in /usr/local/share/afterstep/*
and the binaries are in /usr/local/bin/*

You will need to edit your .xinitrc file to reflect that AS has moved. You
may also want to rm -rf /usr/X11R6/share/afterstep so that none of your
previous AS configs are just lying around. You may need to meander around
your system looking for the other afterstep binary and remove that too.
Although it sounds like its gone at this point. Hope this helps.

/* How is my Programming? */
/*  Call 1-800-DEV-NULL	  */
/*			  */
/*   kchoney @ epix.net	  */