Re: Upgrade 1.7.142 to 1.8 ?

Iwant Afterstep (iwantafterstep@hotmail.com)
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:13:03 CEST

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, kchoney wrote:

>Thats because AS is installed in /usr/local/share/afterstep/*
>and the binaries are in /usr/local/bin/*
>
>You will need to edit your .xinitrc file to reflect that AS has moved. You
>may also want to rm -rf /usr/X11R6/share/afterstep so that none of your
>previous AS configs are just lying around. You may need to meander around
>your system looking for the other afterstep binary and remove that too.
>Although it sounds like its gone at this point. Hope this helps.

Yes thank you, it probably does.  Should my .xinitrc now include the path to
the new AfterStep?  Should it look like this:

exec /usr/local/share/afterstep/

or should I include the path to the binaries as well?

I've only created one .xinitrc file before, and that only had "exec
afterstep" in it.  Sorry to be so ignorant, but I am learning (slowly).

                                               Iwant  AfterStep