Re: Upgrade 1.7.142 to 1.8 ?

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:12:53 -0500

>Yes thank you, it probably does.  Should my .xinitrc now include the path
>the new AfterStep?  Should it look like this:

>exec /usr/local/share/afterstep/

no, it should read :

exec /usr/local/bin/afterstep

>or should I include the path to the binaries as well?
It is actually a good idea to add /usr/local/bin to your PATH variable,
as most of the packages compiled from the source install itself
in this location.
Just edit your /etc/profile and add :

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin

at the end of it.

>I've only created one .xinitrc file before, and that only had "exec
>afterstep" in it.  Sorry to be so ignorant, but I am learning (slowly).

If you add the path to AS to your PATH then you don't have to change
.xinitrc - it will be located for you by system automagically.

>                                               Iwant  AfterStep

Cheers
Sasha