Re: Still no theme

DRX (drx@crosswinds.net)
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 06:14:15 +0200

On Sat, 01 Jul 2000, Andrew Ferguson wrote:

> Good, the only problem is you untarred them. AS Themes are automagically
> untared and ungziped on the fly, leave them in the .tar.gz version that
> comes off as.themes.org
>
> > In the primary menu of AfterStep the name of the theme now appears
> > twice, once as an item with submenues, located between the
> > Screen_savers and the Windows items, and once at the end of the menu,
> > with the .tar suffix and no submenues.
>
> Right, this is what happens when you untar it, AS thinks it is a submenu,
> not a theme. The .tar one is also unrecognized, AS themes are .tar.gz
>
> So gzip the .tar one and remove the untarred one and it should work.

     I have now removed the untarred and the tarred versions, and
replaced these with the original .tar.gz version, which I had stored
elsewhere.  This has caused the menu item with submenus to disappear,
and the item at the end of the menu with the .tar suffix and no submenus
has been replaced by the .tar.gz version, with no submenus.  It seems as
though AS does not expand it.  How do I get it to do that?
                                                            DRX