Re: Upgrade 1.7.142 to 1.8 ?

Iwant Afterstep (iwantafterstep@hotmail.com)
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:18:36 CEST

I have now added /usr/local/bin to the PATH of /etc/profile.  Typing startx
still gives the same error message: afterstep: no such file or directory.
Changing the .xinitrc file as well didn't help either.

While there are only executable files in /usr/local/bin, none of them is
named "afterstep."  Could this be the problem?  Startx is trying to execute
a file that doesn't exist by that name?  Or is there something else that is
wrong?  I am grateful for all help.

                                       Iwant Afterstep