Re: AS newbie baffled.

David Mihm (dmihm@rchitecture.com)
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:17:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Patrick Brewer wrote:

> 1. Is there a configuration file somewhere that is set to mimic Next.

	Under Looks, there is 'PureNext', or 'Nextish'; see if that's
close to what you want.  If you wish to tweak it to be more precisely like
NeXT, I'd be more than happy to make sure it is included in the next
release.

> 2. In Next there is something called the File Viewer that is essentially a
> graphical version of the file system. Is there anything like that for AS.
> Right now, the only way I can access the file system is via a terminal
> window.

	ASfiles was created to be somewhat like what you are referring;
however it has no active maintainer, and has had no devlopment.  It can be
found at ftp.afterstep.org/apps/ASFiles/ .  There are newer file managers
out there that also closely resemble NeXT.  I'd suggest searching
freshmeat.net (keyword: next file).

HTH