Re: AS newbie baffled.

Oliver L. Plaine Jr. (ollyplaine@worldnet.att.net)
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:00:13 -0500

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:22:12 -0400 (EDT), Patrick wrote:

>2. In Next there is something called the File Viewer that is essentially a
>graphical version of the file system. Is there anything like that for AS.
>Right now, the only way I can access the file system is via a terminal
>window.
=================
Tue, 18 Jul 2000  18:23:14

I also use AS, and for a graphic file system I use KFM ...I am a
newbie who possesses little knowledge of the technical aspects, but as
I remember, I did nothing special to set this up...

	I started KFM from a term, and shut down AS with KFM running
and upon restart it always is there, ready to go. changing themes etc
does not effect it.

	The normal KDE icons appear upon the desktop and all the file
systems work just as they do in KDE...except for the KDE start menu
(big K)...I just use the afterstep start menu with added programs.

	You may or may not like this setup, but I used KDE before and
am sort of familiar with it, so it is nice for me.

Olly P
Biloxi
Mississippi