Re: AS newbie baffled.

Karol Grela (grela@technologist.com)
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 18:40:58 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Etienne Herlent wrote:

> Le 18/07/00 à 23:22 +0200, Patrick Brewer écrivait:
> >2. In Next there is something called the File Viewer that is essentially a
> >graphical version of the file system. Is there anything like that for AS.
> >Right now, the only way I can access the file system is via a terminal
> >window.
>
> There is tkdesk (<http://people.mainz.netsurf.de/~bolik/tkdesk/>) which
> look like the Next's browser.
> It's written in tcl/tk, and if you "compile" tkdesk with tkstep (see
> configure options), you will have the Next's look.

Hi!

I can recommend TkDesk to everyone. Is's a great piece of software (some
screenshots of NeXTifed TkDesk are on
http://zinc.ichf.edu.pl/~grela/chemistry/c02/tkdesk.html).

But TkStep seems to be not developed any longer... The last version of
TkStep is 8.0x, while the "real" Tcl/Tk is 8.3. And homepage of TkStep is
outdated :-(((

Regards,
--
    | |  Institute of Organic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
   /   \ grela@technologist.com     http://zinc.ichf.edu.pl/~grela/
  /~~~~~ *current address*  Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung
 (______ D-45470 Mülheim a.d. Ruhr, Germany.  FAX: +49-208-306-2980