Re: Multiple desktops...need only one...

dpeterso@nd.edu
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 16:18:55 -0500 (EST)

David Mihm previously wrote:

>On Fri, 4 Aug 2000 dpeterso@nd.edu wrote:
>
>> Gammon, John P previously wrote:
>>
>> >I an using Afterstep as the WM in my RH6.2/X 3.3.6 install.  I am looking
>> >for a way to turn off the multiple desktops in the environment.  I only need
>> >one.  I am hoping to conserve resources on the machine and cut down on the
>>

>> However, if you have the AfterStep source, run
>> "./configure --with-desktops=1 && make && make install"
>

>	man Pager, look at the second EXAMPLE.  It's for one desk/4 (2x2)
>views in the wharf - just skip the wharf part and make it 1 (1x1) view.

This is fine and good for Pager to display/manage 1 desk.  But it doesn't
change the fact that AfterStep is still managing the number of desktops it
was compiled to handle.  (You *can* use desktops that aren't shown in the
pager, after all).  Since he was asking about RESOURCE allocation, I
assumed it was actual desktop, and not visualization...

-Don