Re: Trouble with AfterStep-1.8 on AIX 4.3

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:49:19 -0500

> Greetings

Hi

> I'm trying to compile and install afterstep on AIX 4.3

> I compiled xpm-3.4k (the only version I could find) and libpng and libjpeg

> However, I get a lot of errors on startup (in my .xerrors file) and then
> afterstep shuts down. Most of them are of this sort:

> ============
>
> Detected colordepth : 8. Loading configuration .
>  LoadImage: cannot load XPM file
> [/usr/local/share/afterstep/desktop/icons/8bpp/
> /ASBBlockDefault.xpm]
>  LoadImage: you need to install libXPM v 4.0 or higher, in order to read
images

AS you can see from this message, compiler failed to locate XPM library.
Please make sure that you've installed both library and header files that
comes with it.
If you did, then please remove config.cache and config.status and rerun
configure
specifying path to your library and includes :

./configure --with-xpm-library=/path/to/library
--with-xpm-includes=/path/to/includes

For example :

./configure --with-xpm-library=/usr/X11R6/lib
--with-xpm-includes=/usr/X11R6/include

Please check the output of configure to see if it found XPM library. If no
then check config.log for any errors.

> Toodle-pip
> Sailesh

Please let me know if that does not work.
Thanks
Sasha