Re: AS performance on a P166

Daniel Rigos (daniel@mission.net.au)
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 16:40:53 +1100 (EST)

Hi Chris,

> Given this CPU and memory
> do you think the performance will be good?

AS should run very nicely on this machine. When my gateway
machine had a screen AS ran quite good. My gateway is a
P150/72mb ram. The one thing I can suggest for performance
is a reasonable video card. My machine has some crap 1mb
one, which is terrible. When using a proper video card it
was very fast (well, considerably.)

One of AS's main developers (allanon__) used to use a P100
constantly for development, so AS is designed to run on low-
end hardware.

Hope this helps,
Daniel
-vipa, as.themes.org