Re: AS performance on a P166

Jordy Simpson (vampire@rubyred.com)
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:14:01 -0700 (PDT)

Chris,

My gateway is a P75/96MB RAM.  It runs AS just fine, but definitely needs
a fast video card.  You should be able to pick up an old ATI 8mb Mach64
or similar from a local computer reseller (or a friend who no longer needs
it) for cheap (~$20) if you don't have something better than a 1mb card.

Of course, for your workstation you'll want an AGP card.  :-)

Jordy

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Daniel Rigos wrote:

<snip>
> > Given this CPU and memory
> > do you think the performance will be good?
<snip>
> machine had a screen AS ran quite good. My gateway is a
> P150/72mb ram. The one thing I can suggest for performance
> is a reasonable video card. My machine has some crap 1mb
> one, which is terrible. When using a proper video card it
> was very fast (well, considerably.)
<snip>