Re: wharf question

David Mihm (dmihm@rchitecture.com)
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 17:29:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Steve Ettorre wrote:

> Hi-
>
> I normally run AS 1.8.1-1 with 16bpp on my Xserver. In this mode,
> everything works great - my wharf lines up on the right side of the
> monitor screen. However, when I restart X with 24bpp the wharf get
> confused. All the dockable applets line up on top of each other in the
> upper left corner. Can someone give my some advice as to what I need to
> change to when I switch from 16 to 24 bpp? For information, I've pasted
> my wharf file at the end of this message.

	You should not have to do anything when you switch colordepths.
My guess is it's one of the apps that's starting up and being swallowed in
the wharf doesn't like to be run in 24bpp.  Or it might possibly be the
method you are using to start X - are you setting the DefaultColorDepth in
the XF86Config or using startx to set the depth?

p.s. You could have cut out the 500 gazillion commented lines in your conf
file before sending it to everyone on the mailing list. :)