Re: AfterStep-APPS : failed dependencies

David Mihm (dmihm@rchitecture.com)
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 17:04:39 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Sarah Burgo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently upgraded my SuSE 6.4 to 7.0. I had downloaded a more recent
> version of AS + some applets as rpm packages, installed them and
> everything worked fine with the 6.4. But now I get this message when I
> want to
> install the applets in my new distro :
>
> error: failed dependencies:
> 	/usr/sbin/utempter is needed by AfterStep-APPS-20000124-6
> 	libutempter.so.0 is needed by AfterStep-APPS-20000124-6
> 	libwraster.so.1 is needed by AfterStep-APPS-20000124-6

	First off, I'm not too sure who made this rpm, it was not anyone
from the AfterStep team.  Perhaps contacting the author of the rpm would
be a good idea.  You can extract information using rpm to find out the
author as well as what the rpm requires (man rpm).
	Using http://rpmfind.net/, /usr/sbin/utempter & libutempter.so.0
are provided by utempter rpm and libwraster.so.1 is provided by *chuckle*
windowmaker rpm.

HTH