Re: stupid question (was : AfterStep-APPS : failed dependencies)

Sarah Burgo (sarah.burgo@wanadoo.fr)
Thu, 05 Oct 2000 14:29:03 +0200

David Mihm wrote :

> On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Sarah Burgo wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I recently upgraded my SuSE 6.4 to 7.0. I had downloaded a more recent
> > version of AS + some applets as rpm packages, installed them and
> > everything worked fine with the 6.4. But now I get this message when I
> > want to
> > install the applets in my new distro :
> >
> > error: failed dependencies:
> >       /usr/sbin/utempter is needed by AfterStep-APPS-20000124-6
> >       libutempter.so.0 is needed by AfterStep-APPS-20000124-6
> >       libwraster.so.1 is needed by AfterStep-APPS-20000124-6
>
>         First off, I'm not too sure who made this rpm, it was not anyone
> from the AfterStep team.  Perhaps contacting the author of the rpm would
> be a good idea.  You can extract information using rpm to find out the
> author as well as what the rpm requires (man rpm).
>         Using http://rpmfind.net/, /usr/sbin/utempter & libutempter.so.0
> are provided by utempter rpm and libwraster.so.1 is provided by *chuckle*
> windowmaker rpm.
In fact, I was imagining something much more complicated. I downloaded
the missing libs... and other error messages came. But this is another
story :)
Sorry for the stupid question and thanks for the answer !