Re: aterm/vim syntax highlighting

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 08:51:23 -0600

Its not aterm - its vim

vim might not like $TERM that is set by aterm - try : export TERM=rxvt  or
export TERM=aterm

cheers
Sasha

David Taylor <knet@MailAndNews.com>@afterstep.org on 11/17/2000 06:25:51 AM

Please respond to as-users@afterstep.org

Sent by:  as-users-owner@afterstep.org

To:   as-users@afterstep.org
cc:

Subject:  Re: aterm/vim syntax highlighting

Albert Dorofeev wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 09:11:23AM +1100, David Taylor wrote:
> > Just a quick question.
> >
> > Why can I use colours at the shell but not in vim when using aterm?
> >
> > The syntax highlighting in vim is turned into a combination of boldface
> > and underline, whereas it works fine in xterm and rxvt.
>
> Strange. It works fine for me. Try to see what your aterm sets
> as the terminal type:

The terminal type is "xterm".  The version I'm using is:

Usage v0.4.0 :(background image,XPM,utmp,menubar,no backspace,no
delete,transparency,no fading,NeXT scrollbar,XGetDefaults)

I built if from the source RPM obtained from the sourceforge site.  I'm
running Mandrake 7.0.  And the version of vim I'm using is 5.5.

I just can't understand how aterm supports colour "ls" but not colour
vim, whereas xterm and rxvt support both.

--
knet