Re: Pager Error: Disappearing Desktops

David Mihm (dmihm@rchitecture.com)
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:42:42 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Michael Wand wrote:

> I'm using Afterstep 1.8.1 on SuSE 7.0. Generally, this works fine, but
> when I load a theme, three of my four desktops disappear on the pager.
> The corresponding area is grey. Those desktops are, however, still present:
> I can switch to them (with CTRL-Arrow), and I can start a program
> on them.
> Strangely, this does *not* disappear after a restart of afterstep, but
> after a restart of the pager, it works (until the next start of
> afterstep).

	The theme doesn't use all the desks that you had originally, and
thus they remain.  Having them disappear with a Pager restart forces the
pager conf to be reread.  My guess it's either a bug in the theme (someone
left them in on one part of the theme and not on another) or it's a bug in
AS itself in one file overriding another.

 --