Re: aterm compilation

Christof (christof@ds2.uw.edu.pl)
14 Dec 2000 22:22:30 +0100

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us writes:

> Probably the version of AfterStep.
> What version do you have installed ?
> Why AS headers are in /tmp/prog/X11R6 ?

It is simple :). I'm only a user in our student house net. We have here
RedHat and AfterStep 1.7.142. I wanted to try something newer... I've
got the letest release surce: 1.8.6 and instaled in /tmp/prog. why
there?  becouse i have quota limited space of disk, so the whole
afterstep is tar bziped and when i do startx it is automatically untar
bzipped there. The headers come from 1.8.4 or 1.8.6 (i dont remember but
there is no difference in screen.h). I just copied all files from
include directory to /tmp/prog/X11R6/include/afterstep and configure can
find them there, becouse i've set CPPFLAS, LDFLAGS and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I experimeted also with screen.h from older releases
but with similar effect. I've even tried with screen.h from cvs of
Afterstep.
There are no other headers files then those of my AfterStep. I've
installed many programs this way as a user. I had various problems but
never such like this. Why afterstep can compile with this file but aterm
cant do it?

--
                                                   Krzysiek