Re: Xfree86 v4 issues ?

David Mihm (dmihm@rchitecture.com)
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 09:59:34 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000 quintaq@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

[snip]
> The result is that the default look (and
> several others) crash the X server with a Sig 11 whenever I click a
> window's minimise button.  One or two other looks (eg "purple"), do
> not, however do this.  I therefore switched to purple and continued
> installing my software. Unfortunately even with this setup I get
> occasional Sig 11 crashes, whose unpredictability and damned-
> nuisanceness would do credit to the boys at Redmond. Sometimes
> the crash comes when moving a window, somethimes when giving
> it focus, other times for no reason I can detect.

This is a known bug and as been patched.  You'll need to apply both
patches (01 & 02) to the 1.8.4 tree.  I mentioned this as a symptom on the
web site when listing the patch. :)

Put the patches anywhere, change to the AS tree and apply patches as -
bzip2 -cd patch-01 | patch p1
then do the same for patch-02 (and patch 03 if you want).