Re: ["Tazmania Devil" ] XINERAMA

Doug Alcorn (doug@lathi.net)
17 Mar 2001 19:19:02 -0500

Andrew Ferguson <andrew@owsla.cjb.net> writes:

> On Sat, 17 Mar 2001 16:11:04 as-users@afterstep.org wrote:
> > Hello!
> > Sorry to disturb you (I will be short):
> > Is any plan to add a "better" support for XINERAMA in futur AS version?
> > coz I plan to buy a new 19 inches screen and put my old 15 beside, so you
>
> What do you mean by "better"? As far as I know, AS supports Xinerama out of
> the box. But doesn't Xinerama only support 2x(some configuration)? As in,
> you can't have one monitor at 1600x1200 and another at 800x600? You could
> always have two consoles, one being :0.0 and the other :0.1, each with it's
> own X session and resolution.

No, AFAIK xinerama only requires the same bit depth on the two
monitors.  However, I've always run it with the same res on both
monitors so I can't confirm this.

However, a description of what is 'better' would be good.
--
(__) Doug Alcorn <doug@lathi.net> http://www.lathi.net chat:lathinet@yahoo|aol
oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543