Re: openwin color depth config question

Francisco Rojas (rojas@hyperion.ece.arizona.edu)
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 13:04:55 -0700 (MST)

You need to first start the Xserver in 24 bit mode and be sure that you
have a 24bit video card. To start the xserver you need to create .xinitrc
file and somewhere in there you need the commands

openwin -dev /dev/fb0 (whatever you buffer is) defclass TrueColor defdepth
24

afterstep &
xterm -C &

etc...