Re: Configuration Questions

Geoff Burling (llywrch@agora.rdrop.com)
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 14:07:05 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Paul J. Lucas wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Geoff Burling wrote:
>
> > 1) Which config file & which settings specifies where the icons for
> > applications are placed?
>
> 	In the "look" file of a theme: IconBox

Aha. ONce i knew what to look for, it made sense.

> > 2) How can I guarrantee a specific feel file will be read by afterstep on
> > invocation, versuses the first one afterstep finds in
> > /usr/share/afterstep/feels?  Or do I have to move/delete all the files in
> > that directory?
>
> 	Create your own in your own ~/GNUstep directory and select it.

What I omitted to say is that I did create such a directory & file. But
what your answer appears to indicate is that if I start AfterStep from the
console with ``startx", afterstep will not first read the contents of my
$HOME/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep directory, then go to /usr/share/afterstep.
Which would appear to be a defect. Ugh.

However, I suspect that the afterstep executable will read the general
directory first under certain circumstances, for instance if there is no
$HOME/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/desktop or $HOME/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/themes.
Is this correct? Do I need to create those subdirectories?

Geoff