Re: asetroot + external application

Andrew Ferguson (andrew@owsla.cjb.net)
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 18:30:25 -0400

On Sat, 07 Apr 2001 10:50:06 as-users@afterstep.org wrote:
> rmode 2 is the mirrored mode:
> Tiles the original image with versions that have been horizontally
> flipped, vertically flipped, and both horizontally and vertically
> flipped. This gets rid of the sharp dividing lines where tiled images
> meet. The effect is quite interesting.

Interesting. Maybe the next version of ASetRoot can do that too.

> so I'll get back to the default xli image loader, and I'll mirror my
> background images with the GIMP before. So the image loader will just
> have to display it's images, but it will do it FAST!

It'll prolly be even a little faster if you don't even use an external
image loader and just have ASetRoot display the background pixmap, that way
it won't have to fork() an external process. Besides, I personally know
that ASetRoot is very fast at loading images.

> And thank you for your FAST answer Andrew :)

Welcome.