Default theme (fwd)

David Mihm (dmihm@rchitecture.com)
Tue, 29 May 2001 09:21:53 -0500 (CDT)

To all those people out there that think the default theme 'sucks' and
that all those themes on as.theme.org are just the 'bomb'; in your face!
:)

--
| d a v i d  @  m i h m
--

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 15:44:54 +0200
From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
To: webmaster@afterstep.org
Subject: Default theme

Hi,

I've been looking for a good window manager for Linux for a long time, one
that is easy on the eyes mostly, and at last I saw someone with something
close to what I wanted. I asked and she said "afterstep". So I go to your
website, and as.themes.org, and all I can find are horrible, eye-searing
themes, apparently only trying to demonstrate what is possible in the limit
rather than how nice A.S. themes can look. If I hadn't *seen* a nice A.S.
theme on someone's machine, I would have run screaming in the other
direction by now.

How about a couple of screenshots of some nice-looking themes, or maybe even
the default one would be a good idea, so I can see whether I want to go to
the bother of downloading and installing!

Many thanks,

Steven Pemberton